Our Blog‎ > ‎

How much condo insurance do I need? | Michigan Condo Insurance

posted Feb 7, 2017, 12:37 PM by Jason Grubbs   [ updated Mar 8, 2018, 2:57 PM ]
One confusing aspect of owning a condo is determining what items you, as an individual condo unit owner, are responsible to insure and what items are the responsibility of the condo association.

Michigan Condo Insurance

Let's start with the easy part:
In any condo association each individual unit owner is always going to be responsible for insuring their own contents.

What are your contents?
We usually define contents (or personal belongings) as everything you would take with you if you moved - your furniture, dishware, clothing, television and stereo equipment, books, etc.

Your individual condo insurance policy should include adequate coverage to replace your personal belongings in the event of a loss.

On a related note, you should mention to your insurance agent if you have any unique personal belongings that may require special coverage such as jewelry, artwork, collectibles, or antiques.